Are you looking for a very scenic drive (1 1/2 hours) in the heart of New York’s Hudson Valley? Well, here it is:
- Take a left from the driveway of Cromwell Manor Inn.
- Continue to traffic circle.
- Go halfway around circle, continuing onto Main Street.
- Go through first stop light. At next light, bear right, passing the pond.
- At blinking stoplight, continue straight.
- Stay on Route 218 (it takes a 90 degree right in town).
- Go up 218 being sure to take the first pullout for a great view of the Hudson River.
- Continue up the mountain to 9W south. Be sure you get on 9W south, not north!
- Go to traffic circle and continue straight on 9W south.
- Take first right to Bear Mountain.
- Continue until you see Perkins Memorial Drive.
- Take Perkins Memorial Drive to top of Bear Mountain. On a clear day, you can see the skyline of Manhattan
if you look carefully.
- When you come back down the mountain, you can return by reversing the directions above, or you can take a right when
you get to the bottom of Perkins Memorial Drive and then follow the signs to Seven Lakes Drive.
- Stay on Seven Lakes Drive and enjoy great views until you get to Route 6 West. Take a right on Rt. 6 West to Route 32
North, continuing until you see Woodbury Common Premium Shopping Outlet on your right.
- Go past Woodbury Common by about 1 mile into Central Valley.
- Take a right on Smith Clove Road at the traffic light in Central Valley (there is a Chinese restaurant on your right).
Smith Clove Road eventually turns into Angola Road.
- Go about 8 ½ miles and you will pass Jones Farm on your left.
- Cromwell Manor Inn is on your left after Jones Farm.